Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Moonlight Sonata



(~Moonlight Sonata~
Picture copyright of icedance
Link: Moonlight Sonata)

Moonlight Sonata
Sustained slowness
As delicate as a midnight bloom
Softly, slowly, let your fingers fly
My little dead girl walking
The music soothes your soul
A young funeral march
Ancient in it's ways
Delicate... In the moon's song.

Dance for me, my little butterfly
Let your soul sing out your grief
You who call out to me
Give me your cold hand
For this macabre dance is ours
Shadows...
Accentuated by the moon's light
A sonata numbered one and four
But the first move is ours

Oh, how she smiles, how sweet her smile
Her fingers dancing, flitting over the keys
A flourish, a swirl of mahogany, skin and light
A piano sitting in the moon's soft light
Death ignored by the side of the door
She sings, yet her voice is unheard
A sonata of darkness singing for her

Stop, rise to your feet
I am waiting, my love... waiting...
For years and years
Yes, you are mine
You have called for Death
Death is here, my Queen
Your beauty fades not, for you are mine
For eternity

Fallen angel, play now your song
Dressed in white moonlight
Flowers of mourning in her hair
Sleep, my dear... close your tired yees
Let your weary vody rest
Here in my arms
As I steal your last breath away

Moonlight Sonata
Sustained slowness
As delicate as a midnight bloom
Fourteen lilies at the feet
Of my little dead girl, not quite asleep

Sonata number fourteen, Moonlight
First movement,
Adagio Sostenuto

Go on...
Play it again

I dare you

~Stephanie Yeow~
~19.02.2008~

No comments: