Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fantasy Overture



(~The Fantasy~
Picture copyright of Redeemer-of-light
Link: The Fantasy)

Music in my ears, moonlight dances
Softly as they fall, the night's for us
Time runs out, the first body falls
Nightingale, nightingale, sing out your call
The old house and the dark room beckons
Shadows dripping off the wall like poison
Wingless, the angel makes her way
Further still from the night of day
See the mist, the weeping willow
Old oak, dropping leaves on your pillow
Toss and turn, my slumbering love
Listen, 'tis the voice of the dove
Singing out your funeral march
As people gather, small and large
Look upon her sleeping face
Young, immortal in her age
A fantasy, the dreamer's mind
True in sleep and given to life

~Stephanie Yeow~
~9 October 2008~

~4:20 am~

1 comment:

Fallen said...

Wow, your poetry is beautiful and dark. I really like this piece. I write poetry, but I'm not sure mine is as good as yours.