Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bleeding Scars


(~Minutes to Midnight~
Picture copyright of Liliana Sanchez
Link: Minutes to Midnight)


I still remember the words you said
To this day
Drove a stake through my heart
Closing my eyes I fall

Death...
Hangs at my door
But the blood still runs
From scars made by thorns
Around a bleeding heart

Slowly... slowly... life ebbs away
And the angel dies in silence
Impaled on her blade
White wings droop, broken feathers on the ground
Her legs are in shackles
Her arms in chains

Bound by lies
Poisoned by words
Killed by grief
She is dead

Waiting, I sleep
Sleeping, I wait
Suspended in this hourglass of time
I fold my wings
My broken wings
Shattered through my broken heart
I pick up the pieces
Of a mirror I once knew
Of a reflection that I once was

But I am not now

The mirrors, they shatter
The scars, they open
She can't forget... I can't
Forget this pain
This love
Your love
That you promised me
But it never came true, like sand through
My fingers that move
Hovering...
Over the sword in her heart

There is no scar
But crimson flows just like the evening tide
Red with the color of a bloody sunset
The sea washes her tears of
Blood, that bleeds from her wounds

My wounds
Your words
My memories
Your ghost
My scars
Your love

I bleed

To

Death

~Stephanie Yeow~ ~4:00pm~ ~13th December 2007~

No comments: